How This Norwegian Startup Saved Tons of Time & Money by Turning to Relevant
Our cooperation with 24Onoff started back in 2015, when we were looking for clients on Upwork. We bided to their project as dozens of other companies. Being loaded with proposals, the team of 24Onoff decided to take a trip to Ukraine to meet with potential vendors in person.
We had a great time meeting with guys where we discussed the details of collaboration and possible ways of product development, providing business analysis consultation right away.
So, as you already understood, from dozens of other companies they choose us, but why? Apart from a personal connection, expertise and our charismatic team members there were few reasons why they choose us:
- We provided business analysis consultation at the first meeting. Even in the first letter at Upwork, we asked: “Are you sure you want to build it this way?”.
- From the words of our client, we are keeping communication at a high level and we are just pleasant to work with.
- Price. We weren’t the cheapest, but as our client said, we were just the golden mean.
Since 2015, we were providing 24OnOff with a dedicated team that consisted of web and mobile developers, quality assurance specialists, business analysts, and project managers. In a total of 41 people from Relevant were engaged in the development of their product.
“We had the challenge to find trustworthy outsourcing companies that we could rely on. Previous attempts ended badly and we needed to find a company that had the skills, good communication and was fair on price. We chose Relevant Software because we felt that they understood our business needs. They are very clear in communication and they execute the projects with the same quality as if it was their own. They also come up with ideas and improvements to make sure that the solution would be as good as it could be. Give them the really challenging tasks, the ones that everyone else is struggling with, and they will get them done.”
– Ole Jørgen Næss, Co-founder, 24onoff
What is the product about?
24onoff is a startup that helps construction companies with time tracking and project management. They aim to minimize inefficient routines, billing delays, and unnecessary paperwork with a platform tailored for the construction industry.
It helps construction companies manage their resources, have a clear vision of the current stage of the project, create payrolls and easily export reports to files.
Why did they choose to outsource?
Firstly, they lacked internal tech expertise to build the full-featured SaaS product. They built the first version of the product by themselves, but it was hardly scalable to what was planned.
Secondly, Norway doesn’t have so many software development specialists and it was quite challenging to assemble a team there.
And thirdly, the price, of course. Ukraine still is a cost-effective destination for outsourcing from western Europe.
Services we provided
Our dedicated team covered the whole software development part for the 24OnOff, while they handled the product management.
The services our client outsourced were:
- Business analysis. Our business analyst worked on detailed project documentation and consulted the team on future product and features development.
- Project management. The internal management of a dedicated team was handled by project manager on our side.
- Web development. 24OnOff is a SaaS product with the web version, on which our frontend and backend developers worked.
- Mobile development. The development of Android and iOS apps was handled by our senior Java and Swift developers.
- Quality assurance. As we worked on the development, we also provided 24OnOff with software testing services to ensure it’s released bug-free.
- DevOps. Our team set up a server and gateways monitoring system to better capacity planning and improve reliability.
How 24OnOff benefit from working with Relevant Software
Outsourcing software development has lots of benefits, the first of which is cutting costs. But what value exactly Relevant brought to 24Onoff?
We were able to provide our client with a dedicated team for business analysis, that helped the company to avoid losses in the future and build the product the right way. In addition to that, we allowed founders to sleep well at night, by managing the development at the highest level and keeping them informed about the process.
By collaborating with us, 24Onoff was able to fill the talent gap and acquire unique tech and product development expertise they lacked. Our development team integrated into the company life, becoming it’s a true part and competitive advantage.
In short, here are the benefits of working with Relevant:
- Talented experts.
- Business analysis.
- Effective communication.
- Dedication and interest of team members.
- Cutting costs.
Want to discuss possible collaboration with us? Contact us to schedule a call.